7 Random Things About Me And Books
I’ve been tagged by the marvelous Kelly Marstad for this meme on writing.
1. The Witch of Blackbird Pond became my first comfort book when I was in the fourth grade. I’d read it whenever I wanted to escape from real life. When my elementary school closed (the one where I spent fourth grade, anyway) I discovered they were having a book sale and managed to snag my beloved copy of The Witch of Blackbird Pond for ten cents.
2. The first book that ever made me cry like a lunatic was Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. As soon as I finished it, I turned around and re-read it and sobbed my heart out all over again. Apparently I’ve always been a glutton for punishment.
3. In high school, together with my dear friend Margaret and some other friends, we created a student written and produced journal of poetry and prose…and got in trouble by the administration for it. Yes indeed…creativity and freedom of expression were frowned upon by that fine institution.
4. I’ve written twelve books – three of which will likely never see the light of day.
5. I’d always intended to write Young Adult and Children’s books, but I got distracted by Erotic Romance…go fig.
6. I carry a book (or two) with me at all times – right now I have Changling by Delia Sherman in my purse. Really, really need to get one of those e-readers.
7. No one ever wants to help me move because I have too many books.