If I had to pick my favorite holiday, it’s got to be Halloween. It, conveniently, happens during my favorite time of the year, too. I love making costumes and dressing up. And, of course, there’s the candy. Even more than the candy, I love roasted pumpkin seeds–and not those weird ones you can buy. Those are just all kinds of wrong.

As long as it’s not too cold, I love handing out candy and seeing the neighborhood kids in their costumes. It’s fun seeing what they come up with. My friend’s six-year old daughter, Freyja, decided that she wants to be Elton John this year. I can’t even begin to tell you how delightful I find that.

I’m kind of bummed that my kids and former daycare are too too big for trick-or-treating. But since costuming is my favorite part, here are a few of them I’ve made over the years.

122b6-100_1799

126

Corwin Captain Kitty and Castle

004 (1)

Corwin - Blue

Corwin - Eeyore

DSC_0487

Killian dragon costume

cinderelly

cinderelly1

Killian HP mydress

Ninja Killian, Pirate Corwin and IDK

Party2006 108

scan0016renfest

So…what’s your favorite holiday? Click on Jessica, GwenKellie, Kris, and Paige’s names to find out theirs. I feel like Jessica might celebrate Shark Week like it’s a holiday…

9 thoughts on “A Few of My Favorite Things: Holidays

1. Pissed off blues clues! Yes!

Liked by 1 person

1. Bronwyn says:

Did you notice that Blue has a ninja sword?

We are gonna play Blues Clues. We are gonna play Blues Clues. We are gonna play Blues Clues, wonder where they are.

The mama! Is the mama a clue? No, the mama is tired and bitchy. Back off, Steve.

2. Adele Zavada says:

Isn’t it so gratifying to see the finished product on someone or yourself? Shopping for the fabric is great, too. I only wish that wallyworld didn’t reduce their bargain fabrics down to only a few bolts. I made a lot of costumes from their $1 yard stuff. Nice job on all the costumes!

Liked by 1 person

1. Bronwyn says:

Thanks ! 😀 God, I love fabric shopping… so much. I haven’t done it much at all lately, though. But I really do love it when whatever I’ve made turns out. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. Paige Prince says:

wait, there’s such a thing as too old to trick or treat? How unfair!

Liked by 1 person

4. Gwen Cease says:

You are utterly amazing!!!!! I love it all.

Liked by 1 person

1. Bronwyn says:

Thanks, Gwen! 🙂

5. Pansy Petal says:

Lovely costumes! Halloween is my favorite too for much the same reasons. The costumes are so much fun to make! Thank you for sharing yours.

Liked by 1 person

1. Bronwyn says:

Thanks, Pansy! I used to work in the costume shop of a theatre when I was in college. That was pretty much the best. Wish I’d taken pictures though…