What I Hate About Writing
I’ve been trying to write this post for a while, now. But every time I look at the title of the prompt, I get that song, What I Like About You by The Romantics, stuck in my head, and then it’s there for days.
I really hate that.
Anyway, here are some things I also hate about writing, in no particular order.
- When the words won’t come. That feeling of staring at the cursor and watching it mockingly blink on my empty page.
- Imposter Syndrome. Feeling like any past success I’ve had was nothing more than luck, and that I’m not a “real” writer, and someday, everyone will know.
- When I’m writing to meet a deadline and I get all kinds of plot ideas or bits of dialogue for a different story.
- When other obligations get in the way of writing.
- When I get all up in my head and second guess myself about the anything to do with the my current project.
- When I get on a roll riiiiiiiiiiight before it’s time to go to bed. (Yeah, I know, I could stay up later, but that pretty much makes me useless the next day.)
I’m sure there are more things I hate about writing. But I don’t hate writing. It’s truly one of my favorite things. In fact, I’m gonna go do some right now!